Monday, March 4, 2013

Maniturgium Revisited


Do you remember the Maniturgium post we wrote last year? In it, we shared the meaning, use, and sample of our embroidery work on this treasured and unfortunately, often unknown linen. Let's recap...

MANITURGIUM: A fine linen cloth, often embroidered with fine lace or some insignia, used by a newly ordained priest after annointing with holy oils. It was removed from the Rite of Ordination but is often still used by the newly ordained when they return to the sacristy to clean their hands. This MANITURGIUM is then put aside by the priest to be used to place in the hands of his deceased mother before burial." (The Church Visible" by James-Charles Noonan, Jr.)

After receiving so many maniturgium requests over the years, we have finally begun to carry a "set" style for purchase on our website. Not only does this listing introduce the possibilities for customization, it also provides seminarians with a "quick order" format for a beautiful and sacred addition to their priesthood. 

This maniturgium was designed by our studio with and for a seminarian in Pennsylvania, who will be ordained a priest in just a few short months. Please keep Deacon L. in your prayers!

His design was so beautiful and so "perfect" in it's construction that we decided it must be made available to others who would like to enjoy the same, without having to go through the hassle of creating a custom design. (Preparations for Ordinations are complicated enough, right?)

Designs: Quatrefoil IHS Cross (with freedom to change color scheme upon request)
Monogram: Tu es Sacerdos in Aeternum - You are a priest forever


 

As I finished this maniturgium and folded it carefully in preparation for shipment, I couldn't help by thank God for the privilege of serving His priests and being even the smallest part of this treasured linen. 


5 comments:

  1. I am proud to know Deacon L! He is a wonderful future priest and the
    MANITURGIUM he designed and you made is beautiful! We are so proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! I was wondering, though, if it is possible to purchase the linen with the pattern printed on it so I could work the embroidery myself, by hand. I hope to give it to a young man of my acquaintance who will be ordained in 2017. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JANICE M BRENCICKJuly 1, 2017 at 1:30 AM

    Do you sell this beautiful embrodery maniturgium with "Tu es sarcedoti in aeternam" written on it?
    I would like to purchase it for our Pastor Priest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JANICE M BRENCICKJuly 1, 2017 at 1:05 PM

    How can I purchase this beautiful embroidered maniturgium with "Tu es sarcedoti in aeternam" written on it?
    I would like to purchase it for our Pastor Priest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! website

    ReplyDelete